What is R&D Claims for Large Companies
Introduced in 2013 the R&D Expenditure Credit (RDEC) is the main incentive for attracting and supporting R&D investment in the United Kingdom, and is designed to make the UK a leader in driving innovation.
Who can benefit from RDEC
– More than 500 employees
– Annual Turnover > €100 million AND total Balance Sheet > €86 million.
– All entities within a group are included when calculating the threshold;
– Any incorporated company conducting innovation, regardless of its sector of activity.
What are the advantages?
Enhanced deduction of 230% of eligible R&;D A net tax credit of eligible R&D expenditure up to 9.72%, (until 31/03/2020)/ 10.53% from 01/04/2020, which directly reduces corporate tax liability
A full refund of the credit generated.
R&D Eligible Expenditure for SME’s
– Staff Costs
– Subcontractor costs to Public Research Centres
– Externally Provided Workers
– Consumable Costs
– Software Costs